Personal information” refers to “personal information” as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, and refers to information about a living individual that can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, or other description contained in the information, as well as information that can identify the specific individual (personal identification information) from such information alone, such as appearance, fingerprint, voice print data, and health insurance card insurer number.
(Method of Collecting Personal Information)
We may request personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number when a user registers for use. In addition, we may also collect transaction records and payment information, including the user’s personal information, between the user and our partners (including information providers, advertisers, and advertisement distributors, etc.; hereinafter referred to as “our partners”). We may collect such information from our business partners (including information providers, advertisers, and advertisement distributors.) We may collect such information from our business partners (including information providers, advertisers, advertisement distributors, etc.).
(Purpose of collecting and using personal information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information are as follows
- To provide and operate our services
- To respond to inquiries from users (including to confirm the identity of the user)
- To send you information about new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the service you are using, as well as information about other services we provide.
- To contact you as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
- To allow users to view, change, or delete their own registration information, or to view the status of their use of the service.
- To bill users for paid services.
- For purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
(Change of Purpose of Use)
- We shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably deemed that the purpose of use is relevant to the purpose of use before the change.
- In the event of a change in the purpose of use, we will notify the user of the changed purpose or publicly announce it on this website in a manner prescribed by us.
(Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- We will not provide personal information to any third party without the prior consent of the user, except in the following cases. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- When it is especially necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- When we have notified or announced the following matters in advance, and when we have notified the Personal Information Protection Committee
- The purpose of use must include provision to a third party.
- Data items provided to third parties
- Means or method of provision to third parties
- Stopping the provision of personal information to third parties at the request of the individual
- How to accept the person’s request
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the recipient of such information shall not fall under the category of a third party
- When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- Cases in which personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons
- (i) Cases in which personal information is used jointly with a specific person, and in which this fact, the items of personal information jointly used, the scope of joint use, the purpose of use by the person using the information, and the name of the person responsible for managing the personal information are notified to the person in advance or are made readily available to the person in question.
(Disclosure of Personal Information)
- When we receive a request for disclosure of personal information from an individual, we will disclose the information to the individual without delay. However, we may decide not to disclose all or part of the personal information in the following cases, and if we decide not to disclose the personal information, we will notify you to that effect without delay. A fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each case of disclosure of personal information.
- If there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person concerned or a third party
- If there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper conduct of our business
- In case of violation of other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle, the Company will not disclose non-personal information, such as historical information and characteristic information.
(Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- If the User’s personal information in our possession is incorrect, the User may request that we correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “correct, etc.”) his/her personal information in accordance with the procedures we have established. The User may request us to correct, add, or delete (“Correction, etc.”) his/her personal information in our possession.
- If we receive a request from a user as described in the preceding paragraph and deem it necessary to respond to that request, we will correct the relevant personal information without delay.
- When we make a correction, etc. based on the preceding paragraph, or when we decide not to make a correction, etc., we will notify the user of this without delay.
(Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- If we are requested by an individual to stop using or delete (hereinafter referred to as “stop using, etc.”) his/her personal information on the grounds that it has been handled beyond the scope of the purposes of use or that it has been obtained through wrongful means, we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay. In the event of a request for suspension of use or deletion of personal information (hereinafter referred to as “suspension of use, etc.”), we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- If, based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, we determine that it is necessary to comply with the request, we will suspend the use of the relevant personal information, etc. without delay.
- When we suspend the use of the information in accordance with the preceding paragraph, or when we decide not to suspend the use of the information, we will notify the user of this without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, in cases where it is difficult to take alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of users due to the large cost of suspension of use or other difficulties in taking such measures, such alternative measures shall be taken.
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notice to the user, except as otherwise provided by law or otherwise in this policy.
(Contact for Inquiries)
Please direct any inquiries regarding this policy to the following contact point.
Address：Sumida-ku, Tokyo (The remaining address will be disclosed without delay upon request via e-mail, etc.)